Tuesday, February 21, 2012

I Love You Near and Far


I knew it would happen eventually, but I was hoping it would be later rather than sooner. Cole left today for Afghanistan. He found out early last week that they were moving up his deployment date. We got to spend an amazing couple of days in Myrtle Beach this past weekend, and Cole crossed off everything on my "honey-do" list. He also patiently answered each of my "What should I do if" questions.

"What should I do if I lose my military ID card?"
"What should I do if I set off the motion control alarm and forget the passcode?"
"What should I do if the power goes out and the garage door opener won't work?"

I am so proud of my husband and his commitment to our family, his job, and our country. I wish it didn't mean that he had to leave us for a little while, but it only makes the moments spent together even more cherished. The saddest part for me is knowing that he will miss out on the little moments with Grace over the next 6-9 months. I guess that means I'll have to ramp up the picture taking even more! Grace, prepare to be bombarded like you're Jeremy Lin's grandma at the local market.

If anyone is interested in sending mail to Cole or any of the other soldiers, let me know and I'll forward the address to you as soon as I get it.

Also, this means Big Al's Bed and Breakfast is currently accepting reservations. Griffin and Grace are delightful hosts and entertainers!

Thank you so much for all of the kind words and support during this time. Cole and I are both so appreciative!

Wishing my husband safe travels, all my love, and a speedy return. I'll hold down the fort, but I can't promise I won't paint our bedroom lilac...

1 comment:

  1. You'll have lots of girl fun to keep you busy, but I know it won't be the same without Dada around. Keep us updated on how Cole's doing over there!!! Wish me and Audrey could come for a visit...

    ReplyDelete