Sunday, February 26, 2012

Our Week

New this week:

Tuesday
Cole left for his deployment to Afghanistan.
:(

Wednesday
I talked to Cole in Kyrgyzstan. It was snowing and two below zero there. We had sunny skies and 70 degree temperatures in NC.

Thursday
We went to the last day of Baby Massage Class. Grace loved getting her legs, feet and face massaged, but was not so much into the stomach or back massage strokes. Also, I think her umbilical hernia is gone! (Please excuse her lack of modesty)!

I also met up for lunch with a mommy from baby play class. I have to say that I am so impressed by the kindness I see in most people everyday. In a short time, I have met some amazing women who are strong, sweet, funny and generous!

Friday
We napped through rain and tornado warnings.
Oops!
I forgot to ask Cole what to do in the event of a tornado...

Saturday
Griffin, Grace and I ran the Fort Bragg 5K. It was cold and windy, but I'm glad we went. Griffin acted a bit like a maniac in the beginning. He barked at every Rottweiler, German Shepard, child and blowing leaf. Can you say Napoleon complex? However, he seemed happy once we started running and was exhausted for the rest of the day (which makes me happy)!

Grace slept through the night for the first time. She must have been exhausted, too, because she slept from 9pm all the way until 7:30am! I think I only checked on her 3 times during the night.
Weird, she sleeps better and I sleep worse!

Sunday
Cole called this morning, and his group made it to Afghanistan...
only about 8,000 miles away.

I saw this music video today for the first time. I'd heard the song before, but watching the video made me love it even more! Thanks T Swifty!

The official music video for Taylor Swift's "Ours" Copyright 2011 Big Machine Records.

P.S.
Just 4 more days and Auntie Jen is coming to visit!
WE CAN'T WAIT!

No comments:

Post a Comment