Friday, February 7, 2014

Life is Like Riding a Bicycle...

...to keep your balance you must keep moving. 

The next few days will be spent purging, packing and living in a basic state of chaos. We will be leaving our first home and life in the military. It's time for a new adventure...

Picture created in the awesomely addicting #Waterlogue app
While, of course, we are excited, there is also a sense of sadness to leave. We bought and moved into this house just 2 short weeks before Grace was born. This is the house we brought her home to and the place we reunited as a family when Cole returned from his deployment. Our first home. Christmases, birthdays, summer days and snowy days. Happy days and poopy-diaper sleepless days.


I am going to miss the quiet walks around the neighborhood and the beautiful sunsets. I won't miss Fayetteville "traffic" or the 1.5 hour drive to the RDU airport.

I am going to miss the wonderful friends we've made (especially my Stroller Strides mamas!) I'm not going to miss living in a transient military town full of too many goodbyes.

I'm going to miss this time I got to spend at home watching my daughter grow from a tiny 5 lb. baby to a busy, sweet and independent 2-year-old.

I am thankful for all of the opportunities that the Army has given us. Military life isn't always easy, but it did allow us to build a stronger life together and taught us to make the most of a situation. We learned that friends and family really are the most important thing in life.

"It's not about the destination, it's about the passengers you travel with." 
-anonymous 

Our home is the place where we can be together, so I know we will be just fine in Tennessee. The job and the town you live in don't not have to define you. Each day is a fresh new start and a chance to live the life you want. I'm excited for new beginnings, new friends, new jobs, new laughs and new territory to explore. See you later, North Carolina, Tennessee here we come!

Photo Credit

No comments:

Post a Comment