Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Dear Grace,

Case study: Grace, 16 months
Dear Grace,

Thank you so much for sharing with me. You are so sweet to offer me your Cheerios, Goldfish or whatever else you are eating. I think it's great that you've learned how to share, but I have just a few questions for you.

Why do you always have to put the food intended for me into your mouth first? Or lick it? Sadly, it doesn't really gross me out that much, but I'm curious about your ways. (It probably does explain why we both always get the same yucky sicknesses...)

Also, when you put a piece of food in my mouth you have to let go of it if you want me to eat it. You know that, right? You're just teasing me like you do the dog, aren't you?

Finally, why won't you share with other kids? I know I'm your one-and-only-special-mama, but it would really warm my heart to see you being kind and generous to others. Instead, you act a mess and shove your entire snack/meal into your mouth for safe keeping. Silly girl! I know you're still little, so there's time to work on the give and take expected in society. I don't mean to be hard on you.

Anyways, thanks again for all of the extra delicious morsels you send my way. You're too kind. I'm looking forward to further observation of your toddler ways and hope to get a better understanding of where you're coming from. Let's get together for a fro-yo date soon. We can share a bowl of our favorite peach yogurt with blueberries, graham cracker dust and cooties. ;)

Love ya,

Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment