Monday, June 4, 2012

For Grace's Dad


For the past month I've been preparing a care package for Cole in celebration of Father's Day. He really doesn't need anything, nor does he have much space for storing things where he is stationed. Grace and I had to get him something, though- it's his VERY FIRST FATHER'S DAY!

So, I decided to to make a mini accordion book and dry erase calendar through MPix with the photos from our session with Skye Snyder Photography. I am really happy with the way they turned out! I can't wait for Cole to receive them along with his mouthwash, protein bars, weightlifting gloves and baby wipes. (Yeah, I know, I went all out! Protein bars and baby wipes? Cole is one lucky guy!)

I thought this calendar would be a great way for him to mark off the days until the end of his deployment while enjoying some pictures of his favorite girls. 

Grace is such a thoughtful baby. 
This mini accordion book is perfectly pocket-sized, so we will never be far from his heart. 

I also threw in a little something from me:
"52 Reasons I Love You" Cards
This is a thoughtful and easy craft that I've seen multiple times on Pinterest. (Check out these cute ones for more inspiration here and here). 

Basically, I wrote down 52 reasons why I love my husband- one for each card in the deck. I typed up the reasons and printed them out onto clear labels. Then I attached one label to each card, punched 2 holes in the entire deck and attached them using 2 binder rings. I used photo paper and Sharpies to create the cover and a back page. 
I hope he'll have fun reading each of the 52 reasons he'll always have my heart! 

Supplies:

  • A deck of playing cards
  • Labels 
  • Hole punch
  • 2 binder rings
  • Photo paper (trace one of the cards for the cover)
  • Sharpies

No comments:

Post a Comment